Gigography Archive

Discuss show announcements, ticket details, show reviews, setlists, etc.
Chris
Site Admin

Gigography Archive

Post by Chris »

Noyan Himli and I met up in between sets at the Cameron House shows. He asked me if I had an archive of all of Hayden's shows. The answer to that is, no. I don't. I started this site in 1999. Hayden was in the middle of the long break between The Closer I Get and Skyscraper National Park at that time. I have dates from that point forward. I'll collect them and post them when I get an opportunity.

There's an archived version of a Geocities-hosted (remember Geocities?!) gigography that can be found here: http://www.reocities.com/SunsetStrip/Pa ... dates.html

Does anyone have anything else they can offer to complete this list? We're looking for help in completing the list. It's more the earlier shows we're looking for. I know the "Reocities" page isn't complete because I saw Hayden at the Eclipse/Moon Room in Oshawa in what I think was probably 1995. I recall that Poledo were supposed to open but Radioblaster played instead. And everyone had to sit cross-legged on the floor before Hayden played. The floor was wet.

I'll post the dates I have when I can compile them. They're spread across the many different permutations that this site has gone through from unofficial to official status and through each redesign that occurred when new albums were released (with the exception of The Place Where We Lived which had a design created but that never made it to the web).
Chris | wasteyourdaysaway.com
[email protected]
@chrstaylr

Dorick

Re: Gigography Archive

Post by Dorick »

Not sure if the date is wrong on that list or if there were two shows in two nights. Quite possibly my first Hayden show:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

noyan

Post by noyan »

I'm pretty sure there were 2 shows in two nights.

I've a long time user of Chris's Hayden boards - I used to go under the name "noyzee". Anyway, it's nice to be back here and hope we can get a good list together.

noyan

Post by noyan »

Actually, Dorick, I was at the same show as you. Do you recall who he might have played with at that one?

Dorick

Post by Dorick »

No idea, unfortunately.

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris »

Here's the first set of dates I dug out of the archives:

http://wasteyourdaysaway.com/gigography ... s2008.html

The page is for reference purposes only, so I have no idea of the status of the links. The internal links won't work. Some of the external links may.
[email protected]
@chrstaylr

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris »

[email protected]
@chrstaylr

noyan

Post by noyan »

Those pages are great- I'll try to put a list together of the shows (mostly Toronto) I know about 1995 & on.

noyan

Post by noyan »

Here's my list. Most of these are in Toronto but I've noted a couple that I've driven out to. If anyone has anything to add to any of these shows (like other acts/opening bands) or corrections, please let me know.

24-Mar-95 The Warehouse Toronto - Weezer w/ Archers of Loaf, Tristan Psionic & Hayden
22-Apr-95 The Rivoli Toronto - Hayden
22-Apr-95 Lee's Palace Toronto - The Killjoys w/ Hayden
10-Jun-95 The Rivoli Toronto - Bad As They Seem video shoot - Hayden
14-Jul-95 Molson Place, Toronto - Ani Difranco w/ Hayden & Ron Sexsmith
15-Aug-95 The Rivoli Toronto - Hayden
13-Jan-96 Bathurst St Theatre, Toronto - Hayden
21-Dec-96 Opera House, Toronto - Sonic Unyon Christmas Party - Tristan Psionic , Hayden, The New Grand, Poledo
8-Jan-97 The Rivoli Toronto - Amnesty International Benefit - Hayden
11-May-98 The Rivoli Toronto - Hayden
12-May-98 The Rivoli Toronto - Hayden
6-Jun-98 Trinity St. Paul's Church, Toronto - Hayden w/ Bodega?
22-Aug-98 Molson Park, Barrie - Pearl Jam w/ Cheap Trick, Hayden, Matthew Good Band, All Systems Go!
14-Nov-98 Lee's Palace, Toronto - Hayden
15-Nov-98 Lee's Palace, Toronto - Hayden
27-Sep-01 The Embassy, London - Hayden, Howie Beck
9-Mar-02 Convocation Hall, Toronto - Hayden
3-Dec-03 Phoenix, Toronto - Fundraiser For Herman House - Broken Social Scene with surprise guests Feist & Hayden
28-Jan-04 The Starlight Club, Waterloo - Hayden w/ Howie Beck
12-Jun-04 Winter Garden Theatre, Toronto - Hayden
19-Nov-04 Lee's Palace, Toronto - Hayden w/ Cuff The Duke?
28-Mar-05 The Supermarket, Toronto - Radio Mondays - Hayden, Howie Beck, Kevin Drew, Bill Priddle, Jason Collett, Andrew Cash & Holly Thornsby
19-Feb-08 Danforth Music Hall, Toronto - Hayden w/ Jaymay
20-Feb-13 Dakota Tavern Toronto - Hayden
21-Feb-13 Cameron House Toronto (late show) - Hayden
22-Feb-13 The Rivoli Toronto, Hayden w/ Lou Canon

Also saw Hayden with 4 of my friends at the "Water's Edge Cafe" at Harbourfront in Toronto - I think it was 1995 but I can't find info on it anywhere, which isn't surprising since we were the only 5 people there. If anyone has info on it somehow, please let me know.

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris »

You've got some shows on your list that I went to and had forgotten about. I think you're right: it was Bodega at Trinity St. Paul's Church. At least, that sounds right. I seem to remember a guest at that show. Maybe Sarah Slean? They worked together around that time. And I think Sarah Harmer opened The Convocation Hall show? Or maybe it was the Winter Garden?

Coincidentally, a friend of mine posted a photo of the Moon Room show in Oshawa where I first saw Hayden live:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[email protected]
@chrstaylr