Hayden on Vinyl

Discussion related to album from In September (1994) to The Place Where We Lived (2009)
ekwipt

Re: Hayden on Vinyl

Post by ekwipt »

Any chance anyone back east is willing to grab me a copy of the Record Store Day release of The Closer I Get vinyl? Bummed that its not going to be in the shops on the west coast. I'll cover the cost & shipping if anyone is willing to do a good deed.

Dorick

Post by Dorick »

I might make it out. No guarantees, but if I can get my hands on two, one is yours.

Jamseyb

Post by Jamseyb »

I don't live in any of the cities that it's being released either. I've been waiting 16 long years to listen to TCIG on vinyl! For the first few years of RSD I'd make the trek to Toronto and wait in line to get some new vinyl to play and cherish. But it started to frustrating driving 2+ hours to see the person in front of you get the last copy of an item that you really wanted and then see it a few hours later on ebay asking so much more for it! I really hope that I don't have to end up paying an insane price to own it at some point!

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt »

Dorick wrote:I might make it out. No guarantees, but if I can get my hands on two, one is yours.
Thank you! Very kind of you. Let me know if you manage to get an extra.

mfgeorge

Post by mfgeorge »

Last edited by mfgeorge on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colin

Post by Colin »

Unfortunately the record store was sold out of the vinyl. Does anyone have an extra copy that I could buy them?

Dorick

Post by Dorick »

I did get two copies. Enjoyed going out for Record Store Day, but I am not a real collector of vinyl and don't own a player. Will look at them occasionally, but they should probably go to a better home.

Considering the interest already shown, I might auction one or both off to raise money for an animal rescue charity I like (but am not affiliated with).
http://havenoftheheart.wordpress.com/

I would fully donate the album(s). Pending winner's location and choice of service, shipping would either be at cost or potentially also donated.

I know I also previously offered ekwipt a copy. If I do get rid of the second, perhaps first chance at a negotiated fixed donation with him/her or maybe via open auction as well.

I could do it on eBay, but would really like to keep it to the forum members. Thoughts? No problem with this Chris?

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt »

Dorick wrote:I did get two copies. Enjoyed going out for Record Store Day, but I am not a real collector of vinyl and don't own a player. Will look at them occasionally, but they should probably go to a better home.

Considering the interest already shown, I might auction one or both off to raise money for an animal rescue charity I like (but am not affiliated with).
http://havenoftheheart.wordpress.com/

I would fully donate the album(s). Pending winner's location and choice of service, shipping would either be at cost or potentially also donated.

I know I also previously offered ekwipt a copy. If I do get rid of the second, perhaps first chance at a negotiated fixed donation with him/her or maybe via open auction as well.

I could do it on eBay, but would really like to keep it to the forum members. Thoughts? No problem with this Chris?

As an animal lover I think that is a nice idea. While it might mean I am outbid and don't get a copy of the record, it would make me happy knowing a good cause is being supported.

mfgeorge

Post by mfgeorge »

6 stores, 500 copies. That would mean 80 copies per store. Since I'm sure that didn't happen I'd wager there will be more released later... like maybe the solo tour coming up.

radioblaster

Post by radioblaster »

Josh Malinsky from Poledo said he was going to send me a copy of Lunar Landing Confirmed back in 2008. he never did. officially he is a super nice guy for offering, but deep down he is a jerk for not doing it. haha