Hayden Signs to Arts & Crafts for New Album

Discussion related to Hayden's seventh album released by Arts & Crafts on February 5, 2013
pretpat

Hayden Signs to Arts & Crafts for New Album

Post by pretpat »

Since the '90s, Hayden has released albums through Universal in conjunction with his own label, Hardwood Records. Now, the celebrated Canuck songwriter has jumped shipped to Arts & Crafts in advance of his new album.

This forthcoming seventh LP will represent something of a return for Hayden, who has been largely absent from the music world since releasing The Place Where We Lived in 2009. He was reportedly inspired to return to music after his Wikipedia page listed him as dead.

"I've always taken the music extremely seriously, but I've definitely made a few promotional missteps," he said in a statement. "One example would be not doing a single show or interview for my last record. Yes, I put out a record in 2009."

We should point out that, while Hayden hasn't done much to promote his own work, he produced Lou Cannon's self-titled album last year.

We've currently got no concrete information about the new record other than that it will come out through Arts & Crafts, but you can check out a Hayden-directed teaser clip below. It includes a clip of an atmospheric new tune called "Us Alone."

We can expect more information to emerge in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, Hayden will be playing some shows in Europe before the end of 2012. See the schedule here.
http://exclaim.ca/News/hayden_signs_to_ ... _new_album
I can't believe how one thing changes everything and nothing will ever be the same again.

Chris
Site Admin

Re: Hayden Signs to Arts & Crafts for New Album

Post by Chris »

I love that: "Yes, I put out a record in 2009."

I'm looking forward to what working with Arts & Crafts will mean for this record.
Chris | wasteyourdaysaway.com
[email protected]
@chrstaylr

pretpat

Post by pretpat »

Having spent nearly two decades creating uniquely affecting music defined by folk and rock flourishes, personal sentiment and a voice that channels Neil Young’s falsetto highs and the wavering, raspy lows of Leonard Cohen, Hayden now signs to Arts & Crafts for the release of his seventh full length and the opening of yet another chapter in his brilliant career.

Joining the Arts & Crafts team marks a new beginning for Hayden, who was inspired to return to writing and take his music career more seriously after being informed by a fan that his Wikipedia page listed him as as deceased.

“I was dead six months before anyone noticed,” the songwriter muses.

“Don’t get me wrong,” Hayden continues. “I’ve always taken the music extremely seriously, but I’ve definitely made a few promotional mis-steps. One example would be not doing a single show or interview for my last record. Yes, I put out a record in 2009.”

More information around the forthcoming album will be revealed in the coming weeks. In the meantime, Hayden heads to Europe for a handful of tour dates culminating in an appearance at The National-curated All Tomorrow’s Parties.

Hayden On Tour
Dec 1 Haarlem, NL @ Patronaat
Dec 2 Utrecht, NL @ Le Guess Who Festival
Dec 5 London, UK @ Bush Hall w/ Mark Mulcahy
Dec 6 Manchester, UK @ Night and Day w/ Mark Mulcahy
Dec 7 Camber Sands, UK @ All Tomorrow’s Parties Festival [curated by The National]
http://www.arts-crafts.ca/blog/?p=2745
I can't believe how one thing changes everything and nothing will ever be the same again.

mjordan

Post by mjordan »

I love the premise for his return. Really glad to see some activity around here!

robbroncs

Post by robbroncs »

can't wait!!

Brian

Post by Brian »

Really excited to see things in motion. I loved how Hayden was pressing music under his own label, but I must admit, this move to Arts & Crafts has me pumped. Glad to see I wasn't the only one checking his site on a routine basis, hoping for some updates.